A YEAR AGO ON LEGAL UNDERGROUND . . . It's been exactly a year since I traveled to Prague in the Czech Republic with lawyer Lanny Darr for some rest and relaxation. From March 7 - 13, 2005, I turned this weblog into a travel blog called "The Prague Blog."
There were nine posts total; I didn't start posting photos until the third. It was certainly something a little different for the weblog, and I'm going to reprise the series here because . . . why not?
- Prague Blog #1: In Which I Set the Stage. In laying the groundwork for the Prague Blog, I explained why Lanny and I were headed to Europe without our wives.
- Prague Blog #2: In Which I Report that I Made It to Prague Safely Even Though One of the Flights Was Cancelled. In this report, I explained why the next time I fly to Europe, I'm flying first class.
- Prague Blog #3: Photos. After Lanny and I checked in to our rooms, we took a cab to Old Town, where I took my first set of photos as the sun was setting.
- Prague Blog #4: In Which I Describe a Night of Bar-Hopping. On the first night, Lanny and I managed to visit a restaurant and eight bars, including one in a seedy area of town where we obviously weren't welcome.
- Prague Blog #5: A Guided Tour of Prague. This is a post with plenty of history, both new and old. Photos included!
- Prague Blog #6: A Digression for Something About a Band. In a basement bar, Lanny and I made friends with a local band called "Fever." Upon learning that I was keeping an account of the trip on my weblog, the lead singer implored me to "make a link" from my weblog to the band's webpage.
- Prague Blog #7: Other Things We Did on Thursday. In this post you'll find some Mozart, some more history, some more photos, and an account of our visit to a Prague law firm, arranged by a German lawyer who was reading my travel posts.
- Prague Blog #8: The Day Before the Return. Lanny and I headed off the beaten path to the American Embassy, a restaurant where Lanny's phrase book failed us, and a shopping mall.
- Prague Blog #9: Back Home with a Few More Thoughts. A summing-up of the trip, with some more insight into Prague.