I always wondered what my more whimsical blog posts would look like if they were organized less like a weblog and more like a book. They'd look something like this (***but first, see the "Update" at the end of this post).TABLE OF CONTENTS
I. The Sixteen Types of Lawyers
- The Big Firm Summer Associate
- The Lawyer Who Advertises on TV
- The Lawyer Who Carries Another Lawyer’s Briefcase
- The Lawyer Who Brings Her Breast Pump to the Office
- The Mafia Lawyer
- The Modest Lawyer
- The Partner Who Talks Too Fast
- The Partner Who Golfs
- The Lawyer on the Run
- The Lawyer Who's in the Wrong Profession
- The Lawyer from the Planet Og
- The Lawyer Who's Writing a Legal Thriller
- The Stereotypical Lawyer
- The Associate Who Knows Where the Bodies Are Buried
- The Lawyer with the Shiny New Gadget
- The Associate Who Finally Gets a Chance to Meet the Senior Partner
II. An Introduction to Lawyers for Those Who Have Not Yet Had the Pleasure of Being Introduced
III. Four Things That Are Important to Every Lawyer
IV. Bling Bling for Wealthy Lawyers
V. The Advice Section
Advice to Clients of Lawyers
Advice to Young Lawyers
- "I am a young female attorney . . ."
- "I have been assigned to work on a large project . . ."
- "Sometimes when things get particularly stressful . . . "
- "I’m a third-year associate in a firm of 2,500 lawyers . . ."
- "I am a lawyer who recently became engaged to a woman . . ."
- "This week on Legal Underground, you said you doubted . . ."
- "I’m a young male associate who’s wondering if . . ."
- "I love literature of all kinds . . ."
- "I hope you think this is a problem . . ."
- "As a second-year associate at a large law firm . . ."
- "Back when my new girlfriend Kristen . . ."
- "I should have thought twice about . . ."
- "Two hours ago I was sitting . . ."
- "Many months ago, I was assigned to . . ."
- "I’m in a terrible bind . . ."
- "I’m a 15-year-old high school freshman . . ."
- "I’ve never doubted that I’m much . . ."
- "With only minor exceptions, I am a perfect husband . . ."
Advice to Law Professors
- "By way of introduction, I am one of the hardest-working . . ."
- "On the way into work this morning . . ."
- "I am a federal judge who has a weblog . . ."
Advice to Law Firm Partners
- "For years, I have never had any problem . . ."
- "Not long ago, I introduced my fairly ordinary wife . . ."
- "I’m writing using a pseudonym . . ."
VI. Debates Between the Experienced Lawyer and the Law Student
VII. Some Personal Reminiscences
A Few of My Favorite Things
Some Travel Writing
How to Spend a Month in Buenos Aires
Mexico City, Trip 1
Mexico City, Trip 2