A WAY OUT FOR LAWYERS? . . . Lawyers seeking an easy way to a new career should consider this seminar in Los Angeles: "Writing the Legal Thriller." I was informed about this exciting opportunity via email earlier today.
Date: May 26. Cost: $495.
But wait! Lawyers who are both unhappy with their careers and broke can read my own how-to's here on this weblog for free.
I've developed a simple six-step plan for lawyers wishing to write a legal thriller (reading time: a half hour, perhaps the most important half hour of your career)--
- First, pick an original concept. See "Advice to Young Lawyers #4."
- Second, use your imagination. See "Advice to Clients of Lawyers #1."
- Third, daydream about becoming famous. See "Types of Lawyers #12: The Lawyer Who's Writing a Legal Thriller."
- Fourth, consider a parody. See "Types of Lawyers #9: The Lawyer on the Run."
- Fifth, don't waste your time on literature. See "Advice to Young Lawyers #21."
- Sixth, if you'd rather do movies, you can tempt Hollywood with long essays written in parts and posted on your weblog. See "An Introduction to Lawyers for Those Who Have Not Yet Had the Pleasure of Being Introduced: An Essay in Four Parts."
It really is true: follow these simple steps, and you'll be hobnobbing with John Grisham in no time!